“Our goal is to give visitors a stunning view of the cavern like never before, without impacting its beauty,” said Brad Wuest, President of Natural Bridge Caverns.
- Fully programmable state-of-the-art lighting as well as a 1100 foot long expansion of the public passageways beginning with a stainless steel bridge across the cavern’s deepest point.
- A large 5700 square foot dome chamber called the Ballroom which serves as an event space.
- The Box Canyon is now a natural theater for a unique sound and light show finale.
- Exiting guests will effortlessly ride from underground to the surface on the 700-foot long BAT (Belt Assisted Transport) through the newly constructed exit tunnel. The Bat is the world’s first conveyor system ride out of a cavern. All in all, these innovative features will combine to deliver a completely new experience of this Historic National Natural Landmark.
Visit: 26495 Natural Bridge Caverns Rd, Natural Bridge Caverns, TX 78266; 210-651-6101 NaturalBridgeCaverns.com;
Natural Bridge Caverns is one of the world’s premier show caverns. Discovered in 1960 by local cavers, this family owned and operated natural wonder is the largest cavern in Texas. In addition to multiple tour experiences through two distinct caverns, the property features above-ground adventures of a different kind including a ropes course, zip rails, a 5,000 square foot outdoor maze, and even an interactive “gem panning” activity. More of the cavern system itself is still being discovered; the Wuest family along with their caving team are still actively exploring new areas in the massive cavern. Natural Bridge Caverns is a designated State Historical Site, National Natural Landmark, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- By Nancy Radlauer, Editor-in-Chief, editor.InboundMagazine@gmail.com