The Swiss Travel Pass is the epitome of ease for travels throughout Switzerland. I personally experienced the advantages of the Swiss Travel Pass last summer while on vacation. One single ticket enables you to explore Switzerland from end to end by train, bus and boat on 3, 4, 8 or 15 consecutive days. The trains are spotless, comfortable, timely, and my recommended mode of travel throughout the country.
The Pass covers all public transportation (train, bus and boat) in Switzerland including mountain excursions to Pilatus, Rigi and Schynige Platte, extends deep discounts on other mountain excursions, and ensures free entrance to over 500 museums.
Premium panorama trains or special trains such as Glacier Express, Bernina Express, GoldenPass, Gotthard Panorama Express and Palm Express, require advance seat reservations to avoid a surcharge.
Once you board a train, simply show your pass to the conductor; he or she will scan your ticket code and check your passport. You can show your pass on your phone, but remember to keep a printed copy handy in case your battery dies. If you lose your pass, go to a train station counter, show your passport, and they will reprint your pass for a small fee.
- Free travel by train, bus and boat
- Free admission to over 500 Museums
- Free travel on premium panorama trains
- Free use of public transport in over 90 urban areas
- Includes mountain excursions to:Pilatus, Rigi and Schynige Platte
- Up to 50 % discount on other mountain excursions
- Free for children 6-16 yrs. if accompanied by a parent using the complimentary Swiss Family Card
- Free for children under 6 yrs. if accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket
- Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Youth are available as print@home
- And many more benefits…Suggested routes…The Grand Train Tour of Switzerland combines 8 different routes over a span of 1280 km. The highlights of Swiss public transport can be experienced throughout the year. Travelers can start at any desired point along the tour, such as Zurich, considered Switzerland’s most multicultural metropolis.
Travel Tip… Print your Swiss Travel Pass and carry it with you when traveling in Switzerland.
Multiple Passes… There are several passes available to suit all your travel needs: Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Travel Pass Flex, Swiss Transfer Ticket, Swiss Half Fare Card, and Swiss Family Card. Exploring Switzerland has never been easier! The all-in-one ticket Swiss Travel Pass is your key to Switzerland’s public transport network.